It’s that time of the year! All digital content creators are busy curating their gift guides for the holiday season. This year my gift guides are a little more intentional. It may be due to the past year that I’ve had, or maybe it’s the economic state that our city is in? I feel compelled to encourage you to shop local. After all, we live in this beautiful city, Chicago.
My first gift guide is paying it forward so I’m highlighting some of my favorite homegrown businesses to purchase from for the holidays.
My Chicago Holiday Gift Guide
- Pearnova– We all know how much I love nail polish and nail art. I am equally obsessed with this nail polish brand as it is vegan and cruelty-free. I also have a soft spot for local mompreneurs so I absolutely love supporting this brand. My favorite nude is Diana Boss. Pearnova also just landed on Oprah’s favorite things list. The classic cremes is my favorite collection. Pearnova also has a super cute nail studio located here in Chicago.
- Moon Rabbit Acupuncture– I’m not sure if you know but I’m a huge believer in holistic health. I used acupuncture to manage my anxiety when my mother passed away. I also turned to acupuncture and moxibustion to manage infertility and to sustain my pregnancies with Clark and Stone. Cupping and Gua Sha has become one of my faves as part of my holistic health routine. I love Moon Rabbit because they also have an amazing apothecary shop that carries amazing products like Beekeeper’s Natural Throat Spray, Mount Lai rose quartz facial roller and Moon Juice Cosmic Matcha.
- Kido– This is by far one of the cutest kid’s stores in Chicago. Kido focuses on representation and inclusivity in their books, toys, and adorable clothes. It caters mostly to the baby and toddler age group.
- Dana Rebecca– Dana Rebecca is a household name when it comes to diamonds, but she’s still one of Chicago’s very own. I’ve been wearing her jewels for years and I simply can’t get enough. This year I created my own styling set with two of my favorite necklaces that come in white, yellow, and rose gold.
- Equilibria – This is for CBD lovers. I began using Equilibria in April 2019 and I am happy for it. It has helped me with my anxiety and sleep deprivation. Equilibria pairs you with a dose specialist to customize the perfect routine for your body chemistry. Use code clarkandstone and receive 15% off.
- Beneath The Mask– I had this on my gift guide last year and I still love it. The founder, Dana, is Chicago bred and created an amazing skincare line. I’ve heard amazing things about the healed whipped skin soufflé.
- Lola and The Boys– My all-time fave for the boys. Clark and Stone have pretty cool style and I love this about them. I buy most of their clothes from Lola and The Boys. Use code Ceta20 and receive 20% off.
- VMR– I’m obsessed with this boutique. You can’t go wrong with a gift from here. I love their curated fashion, coffee table books and accessories. VMR carries Off-White, Alex Perry, and R13 to name a few.
- Supreme Models– Another fashion favorite of mine. This book is devoted to black supermodels. It’s the first of its kind. The author, Marcellas Reynolds is a Chicago born celebrity stylist and producer. The book is an absolute page-turner.
- Chicago Restaurants– Okay, this pandemic is destroying lives that people built for their families. If you could buy a gift card and/or order out once a week to help support your local Chicago restaurants, I think that’s a great gift this holiday season. I have two Chicago dining guides if you’re looking for places to order from and support – I have a kids edition and adults only. Or, you could donate to the Illinois Restaurant Association Employee Relief fund.