As a blogger, I have had the wonderful opportunity of meeting some really cool people. Before I had this outlet in my life though, as just a mom, it was tough meeting other moms. Especially when their kids were at a different school. Needless to say, when I met Nicole Pearl via Instagram, I was excited to have a new mom friend.
I stumbled upon her feed and starting engaging with her. Nicole is a beauty blogger with an awesome amount of content on her website. She definitely knows her stuff. Beauty is such a huge part of fashion so naturally, her feed piqued my interest. Fast forward to meeting her “in person” at a beauty event, of course. We hit it off and kept in contact. Nicole was pregnant with her third so I knew I wouldn’t get to hang at that moment. Recently, we connected again and decided to collaborate. Since we are both moms, we thought it would be a great idea to share our five mom must-haves for beauty and fashion.
- High Waist Jeans- I’ve shared my love for high waist jeans before. They are my go-to for my day-to-day momiform. You simply must own a pair or two.
- Cute Sweatshirt- Sweatshirts are so versatile and can be dressed up or down. This Vogue sweatshirt I got from a local mom boss, The Abi Project. It comes in several colors too. I styled it with a white button down shirt that has a peplum back.
- Belt Bag- This is one trend that is here to stay. It allows us mamas to be hands-free. It’s perfect for all seasons. This Chanel one that I rented from at Byfashionaholic is the cutest. Every designer has them in their collection. It’s easy to find them in all price points.
- Sneakers- My feet love sneakers. They are just so easy to style especially for a mom. The dad sneaker should be called the mom sneaker. Usually, we’re the ones toting the little ones around all day. My Puma’s also come in sizes for little girls.
- Cute belt- I don’t have one on in this pic, but I keep an arsenal of them to update my looks. Leopard belts are my favorite this season. Although, I love a cute obi belt.
Nicole was so kind to share her five beauty must-haves for moms. I took her advice so I’m sharing my beauty brands based on her five must-haves.
- Lipstick or Lipgloss- Nicole likes a berry color. It’s perfect for day-to-day. Here, I’m wearing berry lip stain by ByTerry.
- Tinted Moisturizer- I have to say I agree wholeheartedly. I’m not much of a makeup girl unless I have to for a shoot or a night out. However, tinted moisturizer has become my best friend. It evens out my skin tone. Nars is my current fave. I own the velvet matte and the pure radiant broad spectrum tinted moisturizer from Nars.
- Under eye concealer- This is definitely a moms best friend especially if your children are under the age of 5. You are exhausted and the eyes tell it all. Grab a great under eye concealer and never let anyone know how sleep deprived you are again.
- Hair tie- I’m so glad this has become fashionable again. Scrunchies and hair ties have made a huge comeback. I definitely have at least one around my wrist daily.
- Mascara- Recently, I looked in my makeup case and I had six different mascaras. I love to wear two different brands every time I apply mascara. Make that three if I use a lash primer. Lashes make all the difference on your face. I live for mascara.
OK, there you have it. My top five fashion must-haves for moms and Nicole’s five mom must-haves for beauty. Like what you see? Feel free to share with a friend or two.
Photography: Jules Kennedy